Wed, Jun 07|
Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice
2023 Annual Conference & Award Ceremony
The San Diego Chapter of the Federal Bar Association is pleased to present the 2023 Annual Conference, Speaking to Influence: How to Advocate for Clients and Yourself
Time & Location
Jun 07, 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice, 5998 Alcala Park, San Diego, CA 92110
About the Event
Join us for the 2023 Annual Conference & Chapter Award Ceremony. The Conference will give lawyers of all stages of their career tools and insight to better advocate for their clients and themselves. Our external advocacy panel will explore how lawyers, as advocates, can persuade others, including clients, judges, and juries, through use of inclusive and thoughtful language. Our internal advocacy panel will examine how lawyers can listen to and use their inner voice to navigate their career path and personal wellness. Keynote speaker Corryn Kivett will address how to use powerful and persusive language in all facets of our profession. The San Diego FBA will also present its Chapter awards.
1:00 p.m. - Registration
1:30 p.m. - Welcome Address
1:40 p.m. - Panel I: External Advocacy
- Justice Cynthia G. Aaron (Ret.)
- Reuben Camper Cahn, former Executive Director of Federal Defenders of San Diego, Inc.
- Mary Dollarhide, Partner, DLA Piper LLP
- Moderator: Jessie Agatstein, Appellate Attorney, Federal Defenders of San Diego, Inc.
2:40 p.m. - Panel II: Internal Advocacy
- Kate Reder-Sheikh, Partner at the #1 Legal Search Firm in the United States
- Frankie DiGiacco, Managing Partner, Hillier DiGiacco LLP
- Jamie Beck, President & Managing Attorney, Free to Thrive
- Moderator: Magistrate Judge Michael S. Berg
3:30 p.m. - Break
3:45 p.m. - Keynote Address
- Corryn Kivett, Certified Neuro-Linguistics Programming Master Coach and Trainer
4:30 p.m. - Presentation of FBA San Diego Chapter Awards
4:45 p.m. - Hosted Reception
MCLE: 2.5 Hours General MCLE
Federal law clerks are eligible for this reduced price ticket, along with USD Law School faculty.
Law students will also have the opportunity to register for free FBA memberships!
Gen. Admission - Public Sector