Elections for FBA Board of Directors
Updated: Sep 18
We are excited to announce that the San Diego Chapter of the Federal Bar Association has five positions opening up on the Board of Directors. Members of the Board of Directors are responsible for the success of the San Diego Chapter including planning, promoting, and executing legal education events, organizing committees, arranging sponsorships, ensuring compliance with CLE obligations, etc. We are looking for dedicated individuals that are able to meet the time commitment necessary to help the organization achieve its mission. Members in good standing seeking to be a candidate must submit a Statement of Interest to FBA Secretary Megan Rossi at email@example.com by September 18, 2020. The San Diego Chapter’s membership will vote to elect the new Members of the Board of Directors by October 9, 2020. Those selected will serve a three-year term beginning on January 1, 2021.
The Statement of Interest must be limited to 300 words and include the following:
1. Name and photograph (photograph is optional);
2. Number of years as member of FBA;
3. Describe involvement in FBA (e.g., committee member, event planning, volunteering);
4. Why you want to be an FBA Board member;
5. Current legal background and employment; and
6. Describe involvement in other bar and/or community organizations.
We welcome all candidates and encourage any questions about the position or Statement of Interest to be sent to FBA President-Elect Rebecca Church at Rebecca.Church@usdoj.gov.