Updated: Sep 12, 2021
The FBA, San Diego Chapter’s Board of Directors has four positions opening up, and we encourage interested candidates to apply. The Chapter’s success depends on its Board of Directors. Board Members enjoy the responsibility of creating, planning, promoting, and executing legal education events; organizing committees; arranging sponsorships; ensuring compliance with CLE obligations, etc. We are looking for dedicated individuals who can meet the time commitment necessary to help the organization achieve its mission. FBA members in good standing seeking to be a candidate must submit a Statement of Interest to FBA Secretary Megan Rossi at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 27, 2021. The San Diego Chapter’s membership will vote October 4-8 to elect the new Members of the Board of Directors. Those selected will serve a three-year term beginning on January 1, 2022.
The Statement of Interest must be limited to 250 words and include the below information.
1. Name and photograph (photograph optional).
2. Number of years as an FBA member.
3. Description of FBA involvement (e.g., committee member, event planning, volunteering).
4. Description of why you want to be an FBA Board member.
5. Current legal background and employment.
6. Description of involvement in other bar and/or community organizations.
We welcome all candidates and encourage any questions about the position or Statement Interest to be sent to FBA President-Elect Dylan M. Aste at Dylan.Aste@usdoj.gov.
Please also review the FBA, San Diego Chapter's Bylaws and Policies and Procedures available here.