Seeking New Board of Directors Members
Updated: Sep 8, 2022
The San Diego FBA’s Board of Directors has three positions opening up, and we encourage interested candidates to apply. The San Diego FBA’s success depends on its Board of Directors. Board Members enjoy the responsibility of creating, planning, promoting, and executing legal education events; organizing committees; arranging sponsorships; ensuring compliance with CLE obligations; and more. We are looking for dedicated individuals who can meet the time commitment necessary to help the organization achieve its mission. FBA members in good standing seeking to be a candidate must submit a Statement of Interest to email@example.com by September 30, 2022. The San Diego FBA’s membership will vote October 5-10 to elect the new Members of the Board of Directors. Those selected will serve a three-year term beginning on January 1, 2023.
The Statement of Interest must be limited to 250 words and include the below information.
1. Name and photograph (photograph optional).
2. Number of years as an FBA member.
3. Description of FBA involvement (e.g., committee member, event planning, volunteering).
4. Description of why you want to be an FBA Board Member.
5. Current legal background and employment.
6. Description of involvement in other bar and/or community organizations.
We welcome all candidates and encourage any questions about the position to be sent to FBA President-Elect Mary Cile Glover-Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also review the San Diego FBA's Bylaws and Policies and Procedures, available here.